Saturday 12 January 2013

'The Rubbish Diet': "Don't let food waste be next year's shock headline - my two penneth"


Link to 'The Rubbish Diet' web site

"Well Happy New Year everyone. I can see it's kicked off in fine style!

"Having just got used to my back-to-school routine and having my first day at the laptop, this morning I found my Twitter stream awash with the topic of food waste and the media's shock that statistics published by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers reveal that 30%-50% of the world's food never gets eaten.

"These are huge figures to contemplate, whichever way you look at it, with growers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers all playing a key part or being affected.

"But this isn't the first time that the headlines have been full to the brim with the horror of food waste. Here's a random sample, taking us back to 2007, when I first became aware of the issue. ... ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment